The Gettysburg National Military Park Museum & Visitor Center is open.
Annual Holiday Closures: Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year’s Day.
Gettysburg National Military Park
Museum & Visitor Center
Daily, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Ten Roads Lead to Gettysburg. We’ll help find the one for you.
The road system that brought two armies to Gettysburg can still easily get you here–with a lot less cannon fire.
- Washington, D.C. - 79 miles
- Baltimore, Md. – 59 miles
- Philadelphia, Pa. – 140 miles
- Harrisburg, Pa. – 38 miles
- Hanover, Pa – 14 miles
- New York, N.Y. - 209 miles
- Pittsburgh, Pa. – 182 miles
- Scranton, Pa. – 161 miles
- Chicago, Ill. – 639 miles
- Detroit, Mich. – 464 miles
View on Google Maps
Gettysburg by Air
- Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) – 36 miles
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) – 60 miles
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) – 75 miles
- Regan National Airport (DCA) – 90 miles
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) - 118 miles
Lincoln arrived in Gettysburg by train.
Unfortunately, you will not have this option.
Passenger trains no longer service Gettysburg. However, if like Lincoln, you prefer to travel by train, there are Amtrak terminals in Harrisburg and Baltimore to get you a little closer to your Gettysburg destination. Bus service to Gettysburg via Rabbit Transit is available from Harrisburg.
Train enthusiasts won’t be disappointed. The Gettysburg Lincoln Railroad Station™ (CURRENTLY CLOSED) tells the story of Lincoln’s arrival, the Gettysburg Address and the importance of the railroad to the town before and after the battle. A new attraction at the station is planned to open in 2022. Check back for availability.