National Public Lands Day at Gettysburg
September 6, 2022
An excellent opportunity to volunteer with our National Park Service partner at Gettysburg National Military Park, we invite you to pre-register to help clear Devil's Den on National Public Lands Day, Saturday, Sept. 24, 2022, 8 a.m. until noon. REGISTRATION CLOSED
Devil's Den has been closed for rehabilitation since March 21, 2022, for the safety of visitors and the contractors. The rehabilitation of Devil’s Den has addressed significant erosion and safety issues in this highly visited area of the battlefield. To learn more about the Devil's Den rehabilitation project, visit nps.gov/gett.
Now, Gettysburg National Military Park is looking for 50 volunteers to participate in helping to clear woody vegetation in anticipation of reopening the rehabilitated Devil's Den at the end of September 2022.
- All tools, gloves and equipment will be provided by the National Park Service.
- Volunteers should park along Warren Ave. (This avenue is currently closed to the general public and will be open to volunteers for parking that day.)
- The terrain is rocky and uneven. Volunteers should wear long pants, sturdy shoes, long-sleeved shirts are recommended.
- Recommended for adults and youth (ages 10 and older)
- All volunteers will be required to complete and sign a National Park Service VIP form on-site prior to beginning work.
Registration is available online and is required in advance at no cost. Reserve your spot today to participate in Devil's Den clean up. REGISTRATION CLOSED