It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced.”
President Abraham Lincoln
Gettysburg reminds us of the price of preserving our democracy. It reminds us of selfless acts. It reminds us of the obligation we share for resolving the “great tasks remaining before us.”
It is a great responsibility.
You can help with a planned gift to the Gettysburg Foundation.
By including Gettysburg Foundation in your will or estate plans, you help ensure the tasks of preserving the landscape, lessons and legacy of Gettysburg do not go unfinished.
Through your generous gift, the Foundation, in partnership with the National Park Service and support of the thousands of Friends of Gettysburg members across the nation, provides the financial support needed to protect and preserve this hallowed ground:
- Gettysburg National Military Park: battlefield land and monuments
- Gettysburg Soldiers' National Cemetery
- Eisenhower National Historic Site
- David Wills House
- George Spangler Farm & Field Hospital
- Children of Gettysburg 1863 at the historic Rupp House
- Ticket to the Past - Unforgettable Journeys in the Gettysburg Lincoln Railroad StationTM
Your gift also allows us to continue education programs on the inspirational and relevant stories and lesons of Gettysburg.
The work of preserving the landscape, lessons and legacy of Gettysburg remains unfinished. There is still more to do.
Help make it possible with your planned gift to the Gettysburg Foundation.
The Guardians Society recognizes and honors devoted supporters who have included the Gettysburg Foundation in their wills, estate plans or other planned legacy gifts.
As a member, your planned gift helps preserve the legacy of the battlefield while symbolizing your lasting dedication to Gettysburg’s lessons, values and “unfinished work” for generations to come.
To partner with us as a Guardians Society member, simply let us know that you have included the Gettysburg Foundation in your estate plan. We will want to thank you for your generosity and welcome you to the Guardians Society.
As a small way of thanking you for your generosity, and (with your permission) you will receive the following Guardians Society benefits:
- Invitation to the annual Guardians Society dinner
- VIP tours and programs
- Recognition in Preservation and Progress, Gettysburg Foundation's newsletter
- Acknowledgement on the donor wall in the Gettysburg National Military Park Museum & Visitor Center
- Exclusive Guardians Society lapel pin
Thank you for considering a planned gift to the Gettysburg Foundation.
In his Gettysburg Address, President Lincoln also vowed that the world will “never forget what they did here.”
Your lasting support will ensure that promise for future generations.