EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP PROGRAM:
In the Footsteps of Leaders®
Real people. Real decisions. Real outcomes.
Inspired by the actions of real-life decision makers at the Battle of Gettysburg, In the Footsteps of Leaders® places your team on the front lines for an immersive experience on the historic battlefield. Together you will learn the lessons of communication, strategic planning, team building, adaptability and decision making that will determine either victory or defeat.
Increase the ability to address conflict and lead through challenging situations
Build and develop senior leadership skills
Meet specific organizational challenges and prepare for future opportunities
In the Footsteps of Leaders® for Federal Executive Board
Lessons of communication, coordination and collaboration expressed through the In the Footsteps of Leaders® program make it a popular leadership course destination for Federal Executive Board (FEB) members.
The two-day FEB program includes the tactical history of this great battle and provides an in-depth study of leadership styles and lessons that are applicable to today’s challenges.
During the facilitated debrief on the second day of the FEB program, participants discuss the leadership lessons learned and how to apply them to situations faced in their careers.
Pittsburgh Federal Executive Board
The Pittsburgh FEB, one of 28 FEB offices across the country, serves more than 100 agencies and more than 25,000 Federal employees in western Pennsylvania and northern West Virginia. The Pittsburgh FEB has co-hosted In the Footsteps of Leaders® in partnership with the Gettysburg Foundation since 2010. To date, more than 350 Federal employees and community partners have had the opportunity to walk the hallowed fields of Gettysburg and reflect on the leadership lessons from the 1863 battle that remain applicable today.
Upcoming dates for Federal Executive Board In the Footsteps of Leaders® sessions:
- Pittsburgh Federal Executive Board: Sept. 12-13, 2019
- Philadelphia Federal Executive Board: Sept. 18-19, 2019
Register for an FEB Program
A Leadership Program Designed for Your Business
In the Footsteps of Leaders® can be tailored to the individual needs of your organization—from a one-day encounter on the battlefield to a three-day event that utilizes Gettysburg National Military Park, the Soldiers’ National Cemetery, the town of Gettysburg and our state-of-the-art Museum & Visitor Center. We work with you on programming to meet your unique leadership education needs.
Our Unique Offerings
- A team of knowledgeable Licensed Battlefield Guides, licensed by the National Park Service, who weave battlefield history with the decisions made by military leaders.
- A full array of experiences at Gettysburg National Military Park Museum & Visitor Center including the film, A New Birth of Freedom, historic Gettysburg Cyclorama painting and inspiring galleries in the Gettysburg Museum of the American Civil War.
- Access to historic structures on the Gettysburg battlefield through our partnership with the National Park Service.
- Meeting spaces for large or small groups with catering services.
- Meet our leadership experts who deliver a unique, customized experience for your organization.
In the Footsteps of Leaders® emphasizes essential precepts of decision-making: people, their decisions and the successful or unsuccessful results based on those decisions.
For more information about In the Footsteps of Leaders® and to plan your leadership program, call 717-339-2151 or email us.
What Participants are Saying:
“An outstanding event marked by very knowledgeable professionals who were both very kind and excellent communicators. Informative, educational, and enjoyable, made for a rewarding learning experience.”
—Sean O’Doherty, Trader Joe’s
“Please accept my heartfelt thanks for one of the best leadership education experiences of our lifetime … The lessons we learned here will carry us through a lifetime of business challenges and make us a collectively better company.”