ENHS Museum Services Technician
Full Time position
Position Summary: This position is located at the Eisenhower National Historic Site. The incumbent will perform a variety of tasks to support the cleaning, preservation and management of and continued public enjoyment of collections on exhibit and in storage.
SOME OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Conducts regular and routine maintenance of museum exhibits covering over 20,000 square feet in accordance with professional museum principles and practices.
- Provides general care for historic objects already in or coming into the park’s collection. Activities include the processing of objects, cleaning; identifying preservation needs, and recommending additional actions. Performs routine cleaning of objects as directed and according to established standards.
- Identifies and labels objects by matching documentation field labels, notes, etc. Prepares objects for storage or display. Inventories, documents, and stores items. Seeks assistance for situations not covered by instructions or guidelines.
- Places objects in storage, maintaining the organization already established by the Eisenhower Site Manager.
- Catalogs objects as required. Enters cataloging data into the designated NPS catalog program using established NPS procedures and intellectual content provided by the NPS Eisenhower Site Manager.
- Maintains and organizes manual and automated curatorial records including accession records, catalog records, and donation forms; maintains and organizes other records, such as inventories and object lists. Files records in accession folders and affixes catalog numbers to objects.
- BS degree in American History, Fine Arts or related field or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience – paid or volunteer – working with museum collection conservation and preservation practices
- Knowledge working with a Collections Management Database such as Re-discovery or Past Perfect
- Knowledge of professional museum practices, procedures, techniques and record systems including accessioning, registration , cataloging, filing and collections storage procedures
- Knowledge of museum collection conservation and preservation practices Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Ability to listen carefully to and understand customers’ needs, both internally and externally, and proactively respond to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
Please send resume with cover letter to Sheri Grim, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org EOE.
Gettysburg Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Click here for an EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION: Gettysburg Foundation Employment Application