Year Round Part time Position - Advance Sales Representative 1
This position works weekdays, weekends & holidays. Must be flexible with schedule and hours
Provide customer service to visitors/customers by assisting callers in making reservations for all events sold by Gettysburg Foundation. Enter all reservations including confirmations, charge credit cards for deposits. Assist callers with planning, directions and questions.
- Check phone messages, return calls and make, change or cancel reservations.
- Answer all calls in a timely and professional manner
- Assign Licensed Battlefield Guides according to needs of clients
- Work closely with the Park and Licensed Battlefield Guides including providing necessary reports
- Charge credit cards for deposit and balances.
- Call Licensed Battlefield Guides and notify Gettysburg Tour Center & Eisenhower Farm of any changes in scheduling.
- Contact clients regarding payments due.
- Assist on ticket line as needed
- Conduct sales calls to clients
- Coordinate arrivals and services including giving directions for speediest arrival and notifying guide of their location and estimated time of arrivals
- Mail information requested by clients
- Provide Visitor Services with the necessary arrival lists and reports
- Develop familiarity with all the services we offer
- HS/GED plus 1 year of experience in Sales background, Tourist business, Customer service, banking, or a related field.
- Ability to clearly communicate – written and oral,
- Problem solve, prioritize and multi-task, operate efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to use appropriate application software including Microsoft office suite
Please send cover letter with resume to email@example.com EOE.
Major Gift Officer
Full time position
Gettysburg Foundation has recently blended its previously separate Membership and Development operations into a combined unit of Philanthropy, with the goal of creating seamless outreach to donors. The philanthropic approach will be less project-centered; greater emphasis will be placed on the mission of making Gettysburg a focal point for national conversations about conflict and conciliation in democracy, in cooperation with our colleagues in the National Park Service.
We are seeking a development professional eager to be part of this effort. They will be responsible for cultivating, soliciting, and securing major philanthropic gifts on behalf of the Gettysburg Foundation. Candidates should demonstrate an ability to build long-term relationships with friends and supporters, showing a willingness to close on major gifts. We welcome applications from both entry-level and more experienced fundraising professionals.
- Identifies potential donors through the Foundation’s database or research in other databases, and solicits gifts through personal contact.
- Maintains responsibility for a portfolio of potential donors, adhering to the highest ethical standards as enunciated by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Maintains steady contact with the portfolio of donors, showing a sense of perseverance, sensitivity, and timing.
- Accurately reports donor activity in the newly acquired Tessitura database.
- Produces monthly progress reports as required by management to demonstrate performance.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to travel independently, and willingness to work on some evenings and weekends.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including interpersonal communication.
- Familiarity with donor databases such as Raiser’s Edge or Tessitura.
- Experience with non-profit organizations.
- A broad understanding of American history, the Civil War, and/or the Gettysburg Battle.
For a complete job description or any additional questions regarding this position, you may contact Sheri Grim, HR Director at either firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-338-1243.
Please submit resume with cover letter to email@example.com EOE
Gettysburg Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Click here for an EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION: Gettysburg Foundation Employment Application