Foundation & Corporate Grants Officer
Position Summary Under the direction of the Chief Development Officer, the Foundation & Corporate Grants Officer will have the lead staff role in developing the overall strategy and program implementation plan for the Gettysburg Foundation’s grants program
THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- In collaboration with the Chief Development Officer and other Development colleagues, set annual targets and goals for the grants program, including developing quarterly and annual metrics.
- Develop and oversee the grants pipeline, including identifying and researching potential funding sources; outlining engagement strategies and plans for building relationships with foundation, corporate and government representatives; and ensuring ongoing cultivation and stewardship of all grants program funding sources.
- Cultivate, manage, and steward relationships with potential and current grant program officers and equivalents.
- Manage the grant development process (for corporate, foundation, and government grant applications) from start to finish, including drafting compelling and dynamic letters of intent and full proposals, developing budgets and timelines, and producing interim progress reports, as necessary.
- Periodically meets with all appropriate Foundation and National Park Service staff to ensure updated and relevant project information is current.
- Support all financial aspects of grants management, including pre-award activities, including budget proposals; post-award activities, including budget modifications, monitoring spending, and meeting with program administrators; and close-out activities, including reconciliations and financial reporting.
- Identify potential funding sources utilizing databases, publications and government websites, matching the Foundation’s program goals and priorities with grant opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of progressively responsible grants management experience with a proven track record of fundraising success;
- Communications or professional writing experience;
- Experienced not-for-profit fundraising and administrative background;
- Outstanding skills and experience in building, cultivating and stewarding relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
Director of Philanthropy, Individual Giving
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Philanthropy, Individual Giving is an innovative development professional responsible for cultivating, soliciting, and securing major philanthropic gifts from individuals to the Gettysburg Foundation. The Director must demonstrate a high level of experience in building long-term relationships with donors and prospects with a proven track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding gifts ranging from five to six (and ideally seven) figures.
Specific functions include:
- Responsible for soliciting five and six-figure or higher gifts from identified and qualified prospects.
- Build and manage a portfolio of approximately 125 to 150 prospective donors, including qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding these donors.
- Work collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, other development staff, and other Foundation representatives to cultivate and solicit donors for organizational priorities.
- Monitor all prospect contacts to endure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations.
- Accurately manage all prospect/donor activity in Raiser’s Edge to ensure cross-departmental communication and coordination.
- Research and identify suspects and prospects both from within the Foundation’s existing database and external thereto.
- Provide support to the Foundation President, Chief Development Officer, and Board of Directors and other members of the development team as requested and appropriate.
- Participate in the Foundation’s efforts to market planned giving to a broad circle of constituents.
- At all times, conduct themselves in accordance with the highest professional and ethical standards.
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience in development and fundraising.
- At least five years of experience closing individual major gifts at the five and six-figure level.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work well within a team.
- Organized, detail-oriented, possessing a builder’s mentality and strong work ethic.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, a plus.
- Passion and interest in the mission of the Gettysburg Foundation.
- Ability and willingness to travel independently at least 35% of the time.
The Gettysburg Foundation is based in Gettysburg, PA; however, we are open to this Director working out of a home office in Baltimore, DC, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh or another city within driving distance of Gettysburg. The Director would be able to come into the office two days a week on a regular basis and as needed for special occasions, but the arrangement is flexible for the ideal candidate.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation for the Director of Philanthropy, Individual Giving includes a competitive base salary commensurate with experience and an excellent package of employee and health benefits.
Gettysburg Foundation has retained the services of ThinkingAhead Executive Search. Please send your resume, expression of interest and salary history and requirements in a Word format to Jessica Villanueva, Recruiter, Nonprofit Practice email@example.com
Gettysburg Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Click here for an EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION: Gettysburg Foundation Employment Application