Director of Advance Sales
Position Summary: The Director of Advance Sales position is responsible for planning and implementing advance sales, and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets and creating and sustaining the vision to attract new and repeat customers.
THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Develops and implements strategic advance sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and manages advance sales operating budgets for revenues and expenditures.
- Recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Monitors competitor products, advance sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of advance sales activity analysis and reports for presentation to executive management.
- Directs advance sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control advance sales programs.
- Directs and coordinates advance sales distribution by establishing advance sales quotas, and goals.
- Represents the organization at trade association meetings, industry groups and other places to promote products and the mission of the organization.
- Meets with key clients, assisting advance sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between advance sales department and other sales related departments such as Visitor operations, marketing, LBGs and NPS.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of department to conform to budgetary requirements; Manages the employees in the department and maintains appropriate staffing during seasonal changes.
- Prepares regular advance sales report showing advance sales volume, potential future advance sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes advance sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration (or equivalent) plus a minimum of seven (7) years of related tourism experience with progressive management experience.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret advance sales performance and market trend information.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a sales team.
- Experience in developing sales strategies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills plus a working knowledge of computerized advance sales system.
- Excellent customer services skills and interpersonal communication skills
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. EOE.
Gettysburg Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Click here for an EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION: Gettysburg Foundation Employment Application